Effective Date: February 16, 2023
Wisdom Foundation d/b/a Bodhi Path Buddhist Centers is a non-profit, charitable organization of Buddhist centers. Our purpose is to explore the methods and wisdom of the timeless teachings of the Buddha so that we can better understand and work with our mind and emotions.
Who Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy applies to personal information we collect both online and offline, including when you access or use our website (collectively, the “Services”), purchase products from us, make a donation to us, sign up for and attend our events, sign up for our newsletters, or otherwise interact with us. In some cases, we may provide different or additional policies or notices about our information practices.
How is This Policy Updated?
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above. We may also provide you more prominent notice (for example, by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase from us; make a donation to us; sign up for and attend our events; sign up for our newsletters; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, ZIP code, and any other information you choose to provide. If you make a purchase or a donation, we work with third party payment processors to collect and process your payment information and your information is shared with them.
If you sign up for or attend an event with us or sign up for our newsletters, we may collect additional information from you.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use the Services, make a purchase or donation, sign up for and attend our events and/or sign up for our newsletters, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We obtain information about the device you use to access our Services and your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, hardware model, operating system and app version, mobile network information, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the information we collect about you to provide the products and services you request. We also use the information we collect to:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- communicate with you about us and our Services;
- comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
In certain circumstances, we disclose (or permit others to directly collect) information about you. The list below describes when and to whom we disclose the categories of personal information described in the “What Personal Information Do We Collect” section above:
- with service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery and payment processing;
- if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- between and among Bodhi Path and any current and future centers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other entities under common control and ownership; and
- with your consent.
Where Do We Process and Store Your Information?
We are based in the United States and process and store personal information on servers located in the U.S. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal information in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent, relying on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions, executing Standard Contractual Clauses, or complying with another approved data transfer mechanism. Where relevant, you may request a copy of these Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing us at email@example.com.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites.
What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices?
Access, Correction, and Deletion. Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to (1) request to know more about and access the personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information. To request access, correction, or deletion of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, donations, events, newsletters, or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. You can also adjust certain cookie settings. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.Retention. We store personal and other information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other business purposes explained in this Policy.
Are There Additional Disclosures for Individuals Located in Europe?
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, the following section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing. When we process your personal information, we will only do so when:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, for example to deliver products that you ordered from us.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When your consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Subject Requests. Please see the What are Your Privacy Rights and Choices? section above for more information about your privacy rights and how to exercise them. In addition, you may have the right to object to certain processing or request we restrict certain processing. To exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com.
Retention. We store personal and other information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other business purposes explained in this Policy.
Questions or Complaints. If you have a concern about our processing of personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.